Vietnam Marine Ribbon Stack

Brig

Here's a recent addition off eBay. A large stack of ribbons to one Marine, not in order naturally. Includes a NAM with 'V', GC, CAR and more! Has the same kind of plastic rails that are still made today. Ribbons show honest wear, so I believe this to be period original and not put-together. Also included is his 5th award expert badge. Clutches on the badge are marked NS Meyer, and the 5th award bar is marked and dated OEC4-79. Officer Equipment Corps April 1979. Maybe a little research can narrow down who it belonged to

100_0615.JPG

You probably could get an idea of who this is, because that foreign award directly underneath the NDSM is the National Order of Vietnam (Knight) and is a very prestigious decoration. The only thing is, it doesn't have a frame like the one pictured. And I don't know if someone of his rank at the time could have been awarded it.

The ribbon for sea deployment came out in 1981, so the rack is at least from then.

I've never seen a rack that beaten up/soiled though.

the CAR was a post-Vietnam institution. I didn't know what that one ribbon was, thanks for pointing it out

I've come across soiled ones hidden in attics many a time, especially some sad older examples

starting to wonder...put together?

• 6 months later...

Looks like he was in after 1961 but out by 1991, ribbons are out of order.

Interesting that he was a career marine with a navy Achievement w/V but no

Purple Heart.

He may not have been an '03

Bill

Salvage Sailor
The ribbon for sea deployment came out in 1981, so the rack is at least from then.

Sea Service deployment ribbons were first issued in 1980, that's when I got mine.

precedence is seriously screwed up - something no MARCORPS lifer would ever let happen.

esp with regs...if it was put together, it was done awhile ago.