M3 Grease Gun

Navarre

Hello gents,

Please, let me show you my last acquisition: M3 grease gun manufactured by Guide Lamp Co with -what I believe- some M3a1 parts retrofitted.

I´m still studying the subject so any info is welcomed. Thanks in advance

Best regards

post-158473-0-01505500-1435452380.jpg

post-158473-0-29358100-1435452381.jpg

post-158473-0-74486500-1435452378.jpg

post-158473-0-39452300-1435452382.jpg

Hello.

Its is deactivated. Here in Spain in not permitted to keep them in working order

Regards

Nice! Where can we get deactivated ones like this in the States?

You can't - in europe most countries allow you to keep the weapon intact, but weld up the action in some way. These are called "DE-WATS". They are illegal in the USA and are considered the same as having a functional weapon by the ATF. The original reciever cannot be intact in the US. You can have a display gun with orginal parts in the US, but the reciever must be a new solid piece of metal (or other softer material) with no moving parts. There are plenty of topics on message boards all other the internet and laws posted on the ATF site. It is much more technical than buying parts kit and welding something together.

• 1 month later...

You can't - in europe most countries allow you to keep the weapon intact, but weld up the action in some way. These are called "DE-WATS". They are illegal in the USA and are considered the same as having a functional weapon by the ATF. The original reciever cannot be intact in the US. You can have a display gun with orginal parts in the US, but the reciever must be a new solid piece of metal (or other softer material) with no moving parts. There are plenty of topics on message boards all other the internet and laws posted on the ATF site. It is much more technical than buying parts kit and welding something together.

Unless of course you have a class III licence. Then they are totally legal to own and fire full auto.

Unless of course you have a class III licence. Then they are totally legal to own and fire full auto.

Except for the fact that there's no such thing as a "Class III license." In fact, there's no license to own one period, at least on the federal level. You pay a one-time tax. Read the sticky at the top of this forum.

In most states you can own a licensed DEWAT or a fully functional piece.

Involves lots of paperwork and a licese fee.

In some states like Illiinois you cannot even own a DEWAT.

Also no guns not registered by 1986 can ever be registered.

Results are that legal pieces become rarer ane hugely expensive over time.

Many older DEWATS were easily restored and the existig laws are a real knee jerk to that.

I believe the M3's were still being issued all the way up through the 1980's (?). I never saw any personally but heard that armor crews (US Army) could have them.

El Bibliotecario

I know from personal experience M3A1s were still issued in the '70s to VTR crew. The few I ever saw, plus one M3, all had a grey parkerized finish.