555th BS, B-26 pilot's photos. Anyone know his name?

Vincennes

I picked up a small photo collection belonging to a B-26 pilot in WW2. There are 23 photos in the Lot, 9 are apparently overseas or feature the B-26 and the rest are during his training at Muscogee, OK in Feb. 1942.

There is little written on the reverse of the photos, but from information IN the photos I think he was in the 555th. Bomb Squadron, 386th. Bomb Group. An ETOUSA Theater Censor stamp on the back of one photo is dated Sept. 1943. Another photo shows him in a biplane apparently after the war with the pilot's name written below the cockpit. Although I cannot read all of it, it appears to read "W. Robinson" or something similar.

I did an google check and could not find anything on anyone with that name in the 555th. Squadron. If anyone has access to a roster of the 555th. I would appreciate it if they could check the name "W. Robinson" or something similar.

I post 4 of the overseas photos here.

Thanks,
Paul

post-2319-0-63972000-1435447211.jpg

post-2319-0-85695300-1435447333.jpg

I checked all 350+ Robinson, W's on the WW2 Memorial registry and came up with one possible match:

https://www.wwiimemorial.com/Registry/plaque.aspx?honoreeID=43629

"William P. Robinson

BRANCH OF SERVICE

U.S. Army Air Forces

HOMETOWN

Middleton, WI

HONORED BY

Mr. William P. Robinson

ACTIVITY DURING WWII

ARMY AIR FORCE. PILOT, B-26 IN EUROPEAN THEATER. 62 COMBAT MISSIONS."

But I am still not sure this is the correct man since it does not say what Squadron he was in and there may have been more than 1 Robinson, W that was a B-26 pilot.

Paul

Johnny Signor

Try the Facebook B-26 sites, there's at least two , also try this site with his Squadron,

ArmyAirForces.com