WWII Weekend-Reading, PA June 5,6 & 7th Vehicles

gwb123

Once again my brother in Philadelphia attended the WWII Weekend earlier this month in Reading, Pennsylvania.

Every year it attracts a selection of light vehicles. Usually there is an opening "Victory Parade" through the center of the town that looks like the Liberation of Paris.

Here are some of his photos from this year.

You can see a number of videos on youtube.com as well if you search "reading world war 2 weekend".

If you live in the Northeast, it definitely looks like it worth the trip.

BB 3.jpg

BB 4.jpg

Wartime motorcycles are always popular, many done up as Military Police rides.

bb 7.jpg

Jeeps, jeeps and more jeeps...some of them done with unusual schemes. Others just as combat buggies.

BB 6.jpg

BB 8.jpg

BB 10.jpg

Scout Car... sorry I don't have a clear shot of it..

This is just a sample of what was there. If anyone has any more photos of the vehicles, please feel free to add them.

By the way, we also have a thread on the aircraft...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/240932-wwii-weekend-reading-pa-june-56-7th/?hl=reading

BB 9.jpg

BB 13.jpg

Garandomatic

Nice. My shots of the vehicles turned out better than the planes I tried to shoot, but were for the most part done for whenever I start my M2 HT model to go with a mobile field artillery guy's uniform I have.

Garandomatic

I saw FDR riding down one of the roads on the property there, and these Scottish reenactors stopped and did a right face for their ally's commander in chief!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great pics, some great vehicles there.

In the MAAM link there is a Navy jeep in one of the pics. Is it set up as a "follow me" sort of vehicle for airfield use?

The tool display pics are interesting too. I kind of like those oddball sorts of displays like that. Kind of like the rest of the story sometimes.