M30, 4.2 inch mortar US.

edgeer

Here's another model in 1/35 scale. For those who are not familiar with that scale. A figure would be approximately 2 inches (54mm) and represents a average height of 6 foot. In this diorama the LCE suspenders, the LCE large rucksack frame, and the straps on the M17 carrying case are all scratch built. hope you this one as well.

post-3699-1217648336.jpg

post-3699-1217648391.jpg

Awesome model of the Four-Deuce... I was 11C (Indirect Fire Infantryman) from 1983 to 1989 and I remember the Four Deuce well... seven hundred and forty six pounds of high angle hell... I was 81mm (M29 Mortar) but went to the Infantry mortar Platoon course and got to lug the Beast there... It actually dates back to WWII where it was used as a chemical mortar...

Wayne

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome model of the Four-Deuce... I was 11C (Indirect Fire Infantryman) from 1983 to 1989 and I remember the Four Deuce well... seven hundred and forty six pounds of high angle hell... I was 81mm (M29 Mortar) but went to the Infantry mortar Platoon course and got to lug the Beast there... It actually dates back to WWII where it was used as a chemical mortar...

Wayne

Thanks Wayne

Cool, that 4.2, that's the early 80s Tamiya one right? I think it came out in 1983, I used the flak jacketed figues that came with it for a old Tamiya Duster kit I built back there in the late 80s.

Cool, that 4.2, that's the early 80s Tamiya one right? I think it came out in 1983, I used the flak jacketed figues that came with it for a old Tamiya Duster kit I built back there in the late 80s.

I remember that kit. But no it came as a bonus kit in the Academy's 1/35 scale M151A2 with Tow Missile Launcher model number CA18-200. Which is actually the wrong numeclature for the Tow Weapon carrier. The correct nomeclature is the M825. I should know I crewed on them for nearly 5 years.

Thanks Old Marine.

For some more info on this build. I added the frame and shoulder and waist straps to the LC-1 rucksack using a paperclip and paper for the shoulder and waist straps. The LCE I used some items out of my spare box. The "Y" suspenders and the pistol belt were made out of small strips of paper.

I remember that kit. But no it came as a bonus kit in the Academy's 1/35 scale M151A2 with Tow Missile Launcher model number CA18-200. Which is actually the wrong numeclature for the Tow Weapon carrier. The correct nomeclature is the M825. I should know I crewed on them for nearly 5 years.

11 Hotel eh!

11 Hotel eh!

Yep, started out as an 11Bravo. But in early Jan 78, a buddy of mine (11H) and me volunteered to transfer units for the up coming Bde 75 rotation to Hohenfels, Germany. Our request was approved and when our orders came down, he got assigned to a line company as an 11B and I got orders for the Tow Plt, CSC 1/50.

WE had a saying We were the Infantry's long distance caller. We'd reach out an touch someone.

Well done! I was the 2 Gun Squad Leader in the "Four Deuce" Mortar Platoon in HHC 1-18th INF, 1st INF DIV in Schweifurt 96-97 - we took our M30s in the M106A2 Mortar Carriers on what was probably its last operational deployment to Bosnia from OCT 96 to MAR 97

• 5 months later...