WW2 Stretcher?

SmarT

I'm going to look at this stretcher Saturday. I know nothing of these. Can someone tell me if it's ww2? I don't have anymore photos. Is $25 a good price? Sorry if this isn't the right area to post this. Thank you.

post-157649-0-17476200-1435290475.jpg

post-157649-0-34088700-1435290483.jpg

post-157649-0-29728200-1435290484.jpg

Brian Keith

Looks to me to be Vietnam era or later issue. $25 really isn't a bad price. These are usually really hard to sell as they are about eight feet long. If you want WW II era, look for a khaki color cover, not this shade of green. They usually have a large medical corps insignia on the underside and are often dated.

BKW

DocCollector1441

I agree it looks more Vietnam than WWII... one thing to really look for is the screws used to hold the canvas and other fittings. WWII stretchers will have single slot screws while later will have Phillips heads screws.

Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Just from most ww2 canvas items I have dealt with I figured there should be a marking somewhere. I will definitely take a good look at it when I'm there. Try to look at it in good light.

Here are the photos I took when I went to look at it. The shade of OD looks ww2 and I did find the US medical insignia but it was faded. I tried finding other markings but given the fade of the insignia I wasn't hopeful. The straps were held on by carriage bolts. Where would the date be stamped? Any new opinions with the new photos?

post-157649-0-87449300-1435472584.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response to this. The Litter pictured here is in fact a Vietnam (or later) item.

Regards,

Ben.