MCAS El Toro 1945 patch just in

WorldWarPatches

WorldWarPatches

No glow and looks good to me. I'm no expert on these and would like some expert help. ID is correct according to Capt. Holmberg's book. 5-3/8" X 4"

post-119983-0-21858300-1435181682.jpg

post-119983-0-43504400-1435181693.jpg

ocsfollowme

Pat, I have been searching for a WW2 one of this for about a year now since MCAS El Toro is located 10 minutes from me in the Orange County area. I think yours is 1950s to early 1960s. They closed shop around 2000. Maybe I am wrong, but I have been told that I need a twill version if I wanted a WW2 variation.

In the Rarest of USMC squadron patch threads these are shown as 1940s period.

post-376-1276112429.jpgpost-376-1276112486.jpg

post-3673-1275535313.jpg

WorldWarPatches

Book just says 1945 was when this design started. Just wondering how many years before the had a FE. I may have spent to much. Gee that would be a 1st.

ocsfollowme

Jeffro knows a lot about USMC patches, he would know. MCAS el toro used the same design basically until they closed.

Johnny Signor

I "think" the Twill is the older era , but as mentioned the emblem was used a lot of years , the other posted looks to be of latter era

WorldWarPatches

I "think" the Twill is the older era , but as mentioned the emblem was used a lot of years , the other posted looks to be of latter era

Thanks Johnny, I'm just trying to narrow it down, I'm hopefull someone will know when they started using the FE