USMC Raider Hall

stucky151

Of course we cant show the patches without giving credit to the Raider that designed it. His grouping! Lowell Bulger.

post-52581-0-31184100-1435119824.jpg

post-52581-0-02044700-1435119831.jpg

post-52581-0-35840700-1435119837.jpg

Last ones. Hope you enjoyed. I imagine its hard to get into this building if not impossible for most. So i had to share with the community. Sorry for the poor quality, these were all taken on my phone and did not have a lot of time to snap the best pictures.

post-52581-0-41981100-1435121119.jpg

post-52581-0-03647600-1435121126.jpg

Just for general knowledge, its not a museum in the common sense, it is the school house for the Marine Corps Martial arts program. Named Raider hall, it has grown its collection from all the Raider reunions they hold every year. It is incredibly diverse, with much more than I posted, and they are always willing to help out with questions regarding any Raider.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

These are great Gunny! I hope I get a chance to make it down there sometime and see it all person!

Marineradioop

Awesome photos! I would to visit there someday, and getting to meet a legend of a Marine...

This Years Raider Reunion is in late August (25-30 I think). It is in San Antonio Texas. If you go to usmarineraiders.org, you can find more info

Semper Fi,

John

Thanks for the link. Didnt do much research on the facility, so as long as you can get onto base, the museum is open. I was under the impression it was like a majority of buildings, that all had artifacts, not really open to the public. If you get a chance, its a must see!

Some of the items there are not original and some original items are not from Raiders. Just because it is there does not mean it is legitimate Raider connected.