blood chit

Thor996

I have a nice leather blood chit that I would love to get framed but wanted to see if anybody here has done this yet and if so ask them what the pros/cons are/were and what is the best way to do it so as not to damage the leather. thanks

framing is one best way to preserve. archival materials used are the best. uv glass, acid free materials will do fine. you have to find a very reliable place/person who knows how to handle and mount your items.

The acid free sleeve had a self sealing tab/strip. All you have to do was completing remove the air and press closed. I bought the UV glass, frame/matt and sleeve years a go at Hobby Lobby and put it together myself. Ron

I had a silk one mounted and framed. The gentleman that did it added a thin gold outline to it and it really pops with the darker mat. Just be careful how you mount it. I used to work in that field and loose items are mounted to a backing with a sprayed-on glue and then sealed with a pressure system. When he did that, some of the ink on the bottom the chit ran from the glue so now it looks a little blurry. If you can find a way to mount it without gluing you'll probably be better off. And especially think of that if its a rare one or worth a lot. Mine is neither of those so I can live with the way its mounted.

Mine has no glue at and after 12+ years nothing has moved. Never use a spray on adhesive or glue. I knwo a lot of vets glued and pasted items in scrap books, but I am saying, don't do it!
Ron

I agree with Ronald do not ever glue a CBI Leather Blood Chit anywhere.The leather is so soft that if you ever tried to remove it for any reason I can guarantee it will get damaged some how.Scotty PS Ronald great looking displayed Blood Chit.