USAF HBT Jacket

nicolas75

Hello

I do have this jacket that was discarded in the 50's 60's by my dad in the Chateauroux Deols Airbase. My father and Grandfather worked there in the late 40's-50's

i remember going fishing with my dad with this jacket

It's a pretty common twill with almost no value but since my dad passed away too early it's a treasure for me

- What is the exact name of this model ?

- Korean War or Vietnam war period ?

- Is it a groundcrew jacket ?

- It's missing ranks and a pocket patch that leaved ghost marks. But what others insignas are intented to be put on it ?

Thanks for your help

post-3574-0-65013300-1435087763.jpg

phantomfixer

Looks like the shirt is the USAF shade 509 fatigue shirt...a late 1950's transition uniform that started out gray, then green, and discontinued in the early 60's...most likely worn well into the mid to late 60's by USAF personnel

Definitely not HBT. Looks like the standard 1952 pattern Army designed OG 107 fatigue shirt to me. Also used by the USAF and every other service.

• 10 months later...
Third Herd

The Air Force Shade 509 uniform was so disliked, that Airmen would buy Army fatigues. It took me awhile to find a matching hat and pants. There is a Shade 509 Field Jacket with the "Horse Shoe" Collar like the later OG 107 Field Jacket which was issued into the late 1960's.

hardheaded

Thanks

How is the matching pants ?

Thanks

This should help a little and keep you busy :D

See chateaurouxairstation.com for the pocket patch. Look to see what units were assigned there in 19??

Search google for Chateauroux Deols Airbase 1950s-1960s

Search military.wikia.com for Châteauroux-Déols Air Base

Search en.wikipedia.org for OG-107 You have the OG-107 "Type I" model cotton sateen utility shirt. (Buttons can be green or brown)

post-108826-0-33088500-1464015323.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

- Thanks for your answers it really helps

- Concerning ranks it was a Tech Sgt (5 waves)

Thanks

• 4 years later...
pararaftanr2

Based on the previous information furnished you by "hardheaded", the answer would be "yes". Note that the stock number below the size in the waist band is identical to the trousers you have shown.