Women's Military Dress Shoes Dated 1975

Edelweisse

Hi Folks:

I recently picked up a pair of US Military women's black dress shoes. Inside the shoes is the contract info from the Defense Philadelphia Supply Center (DPSC) with a 1974 contract. The size is a "5 1/2 B". I figured that a collector would like them since they are late Vietnam period....good for display. They appear to have no been worn. I'll post pictures tonight.

Hi Folks:

Here are the pictures of the shoes...they maybe...so so....but they're 40 yrs old...which is crazy

post-153915-0-05976600-1435025850.jpg

post-153915-0-90537900-1435025873.jpg

post-153915-0-00183600-1435025898.jpg

post-153915-0-12883500-1435025917.jpg

Hi Folks:

Inside the shoes is the contract info from the Defense Philadelphia Supply Center (DPSC) with a 1974 contract.

DPSC actually stands for Defense Personnel Support Center. I am trying to find pictures from 1974. I am not sure those shoe laces are original to the shoes.

...Kat

Thanks...I should know that DPSC stood for Defense Personnel Support Center (DPSC) since I work for Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). As far as the laces....they don't appear to have been removed. Thanks...

Lol. Good memories. In 1973-'74, I had a Girl Friend at NAS North Island. She was an ATAN assigner to RVAW 110, an E-2 Hawkeye squadron. She and her friends HATED these shoes, referring to them as "Granny Shoes". She and the other lady's in the squadrons almost never wore them. They were just issuing steel toe boon dockers to the lady's out of supply. Most of them were also buying men's dungarees to wear on the line too as the issue female "Utilities" we're not functional for anything outside of an office. When the girls got dressed up in dress uniforms, they wore more stylish pumps or heels.

My GF was pretty small she bought the smallest men's dungarees and had to have them taken in. She wore size 4 men's shoes (I didn't know they came that small), and those had to be special ordered. Interestingly, the only foul weather jacket (collectors call them "Deck Jackets") they could find to fit her was one from WW2 that looked like the old Army short field jackets

Steve,

I know that men do NOT notice detail in women's shoes. :D:lol: However, do you know if these shoe laces would be correct? I have not seen such thick shoe laces on women's shoes. If the women did call them granny shoes, then they may have been correct. :D I honestly don't know and am just wondering.

...Kat

Kay, to be honest, you're right. I don't remember. What the laces were like. I do remember that the laces in our shoes were awful. They were stiff waxy feeling things that didn't stay tied. Most of us tossed the issue laces and replaced them with with laces that would stay tied.

The laces in the OP shoes look like they've been in there a long time. And even faded.

The laces in the OP shoes look like they've been in there a long time. And even faded.

True...Like I said, I was just curious.....Kat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi:

I'm knocking around listing these on EBAY...any idea what they might be worth? I could always post them low and see how it all turns out. I would appreciate any guessimates etc.... Thanks,