Nice Korean War Veteran set

Delta-Fox

Hi,

Wanted to share this little beautiful set with you all guys. I already started to make a shadow box for this set.

Greetings from Ireland

P.S. The name of this soldier is Shirley D. Griebe

post-62664-0-99541800-1434913281.jpg

Hi Ed,

Thank you very much! I would like to research on him but I have no clue where and how to start. Any suggestions?

Andrew

lovmilinsig

Andrew,

Wish I could help you, but I've never researched anyone before. I know Forum members do it all the time and the USMF also has the Individual / Unit Research section. Hope I've helped.

Ed

This may be your guy: Shirley Dewayne Griebe born 16 Nov 1931 in Greenville Township, IL and died 21 Jan 2013 in Roseville, MI. Served in the Army during the Korean War and received the Bronze Star with Valor. Work for 42 years at Chrysler plant. Married Patricia L. LaGrow on 25 Apr 1959, had 5 children. His parents were Herman A. and Mary Louise (Saathoff) Griebe. He was buried with military honors.

This info came from Ancestry.con

sfcmac

He was in the 9th Infantry, Company G and received his Bronze Star on General Order 120 of 1952.

post-5941-0-30803800-1435088148.jpg

This site is a wealth of knowledge: http://www.koreanwar.org/html/2011_2id_go_award_individual.html?key_2id=9884

I would next look at the war diary of the 9th infantry, to see what they were doing on the date given in his citation:

http://www.koreanwar.org/html/2011_2id_nara_records.html