Militaria Show presented by ASMIC September 11-12 2015 in Dayton, OH

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Headed out to Dayton and Wright-Pat Sunday as a bonus! Bringing USAF SEA Patches, SOG ( Real Ones) Patches, and other nice stuff.

Maybe a couple of uniforms ( WW2) depending on weight restrictions on checked bag ( 25#). Some of you from the last show had mentioned you wanted several of the SOG patches you did not have, well either contact me or come on out to Dayton! I will have 2 FSSF groups , one very large one medals, photos, numerous Patches,bring back items, etc.

Looking for of all things Brit IGS 2-4 Clasp to Lancer/Cavalry not normally at asmic but hey!

See you there!

Please remember this show is open to the public and is ran like a regular militaria show.

Sometimes the word convention make people think it is a closed event.

Rather than just an insignia-specific show.. excellent thinking on the part of ASMIC.

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Lookin' forward to it!

As a side note, this is a great show for young collectors. At the last show, there were several $1 boxes full of patches. Several of the dealers there literally wrote the book on insignia/uniform collecting.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Rather than just an insignia-specific show.. excellent thinking on the part of ASMIC.

Jeff - you have been to ASMIC shows before and understand there is a lot of general militaria not just insignia.

ASMIC is trying to move forward and that is why we are pushing the event as a militaria show and dropping the word convention in the main title.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Jeff - you have been to ASMIC shows before and understand there is a lot of general militaria not just insignia.

ASMIC is trying to move forward and that is why we are pushing the event as a militaria show and dropping the word convention in the main title.

Bob, I'm running the flyer again in the September issue of AAMUC's FOOTLOCKER. The flyer from the website still has it as the "Tri-convention." What will the future shows be known as?

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

I think on the websites we will still refer to it as the Tri-Convetion, but to the general public ( USMF, MIlitary Trader, etc...) we will call the future shows as the ........Military Collectibles show. This year Dayton, next year Portland, etc...

Members all understand want the convention is and what's involved.in doing it. But like I said earlier in this posting that when we use the word convention the general public thinks it is a private / closed event.

I have called the contact number on the ASMIC Table App and never got an answer. I left a message and have not received a call back. I would like to know if tables are still available and if I can get a couple. Been waiting a week now for a call back. Heard someone else say the same thing basically. What's the deal?

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Try emailing him at this address:

jmcduff@swbell.net

Jim is who is handling all the tables, and he always responds to this email address.

There are tables available but not many.

Whomever else is having these same problems, email Jim McDuff at the above address.

Yes, email is the best method of contact. Received a response within several hours from my own enquiry. Looking forward to the show. As mentioned above it is a full blown military show. Always find some great pieces at the ASMIC shows.

donation2017.gif

To give those of you who have never been to the Tri-Convention a better idea of its layout, here is a photo from last year's held in San Diego. It is a mix of great displays and great stuff to buy!

post-203-0-39036400-1439994159.jpg

Do not miss this show. There is always get stuff to buy and great sources of information and advice on purchases since they have the most knowledgeable people on the planet there. Why take a crap shoot on ebay when you will know if it is Right,right away. Besides the largest ever display of patches for sale will be there which will be on nine tables and 36 cases loaded with patches, but not just regular patches but from my collection of 60 years. ASMIC's Most Wanted Plus will be there. Even if you don't buy atleast take pictures just like so many did at the SOS and the Keller brothers did at the ASMIC when last at the Drawbridge for their airborne book. I know I'm hyping this but sure you wont be disappointed.Looking forward to seeing you at the show. Mort

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Weight problem again. I have a large 15 year collection of modern Brit medals, singles, trios, groups, Iraq/Afgan, RM, Para. RI, SDG, etc......any collectors of these coming? They are bulk items and I will be using carry on's due value so if interested just pm or note here if not I may leave most home. Also same for high end UCV groups. Please advise as time is approaching to sort them out for packing!!!!!!THX!