Name this field telephone?

Bilbo42

Hi. Got this filed telephone several years back and can't remember what country it is from and I didn't get anything on a quick Google search. It is configured somewhat like an F-33 but is different. Comes is a painted metal case. There are three gold colored crown symbols on the receiver which I would take to mean one of the Scandinavian countries but not sure. The number inside the lid of the case is F3200-1954. Couldn't find F3200 on net. I assume 1954 is date. The thing is brand new and has an earpiece in addition to the phone receiver. Hope pictures turn out. Any info would be great. As much as possible would be even better :). thanks, Bil

post-11921-0-92073300-1434829582.jpg

post-11921-0-22277500-1434829615.jpg

post-11921-0-34951100-1434829625.jpg

post-11921-0-93596200-1434829634.jpg

RustyCanteen

Looks like a postwar variant of (or influenced by) the 1930-40s German field phones. The wartime German phonetic alphabet started with 'Anton', 'Bruno', etc., but yours looks to say 'Adam', and I can't quite make out the phonetic 'B'?

Post-WWII West Germany used a variation of the US-designed EE-8 phone, in a nylon case. I have no idea what East Germany used. Since it isn't a NATO phonetic alphabet, it may have been a non-NATO members state, or pre-dated membership/adoption of the new alphabet/US model field phone.

This isn't US, so it will eventually be closed in accordance with the forum's US-only policy. You might want to try posting it on Wehrmacht Awards Forum, which is open to international militaria.

RC

RustyCanteen

Found it, it's a Swedish Ericsson field phone, which explains the non-NATO phonetic alphabet.

RC

Hi. Got this filed telephone several years back and can't remember what country it is from and I didn't get anything on a quick Google search. It is configured somewhat like an F-33 but is different. Comes is a painted metal case. There are three gold colored crown symbols on the receiver which I would take to mean one of the Scandinavian countries but not sure. The number inside the lid of the case is F3200-1954. Couldn't find F3200 on net. I assume 1954 is date. The thing is brand new and has an earpiece in addition to the phone receiver. Hope pictures turn out. Any info would be great. As much as possible would be even better :). thanks, Bil

It's Swedish, Bertil is in their Phonetic alphabet

Adam

Bertil

Cesar

David

Erik

Filip......

RustyCanteen

Since this has been identified and the question answered, this thread will now be closed to comment in keeping with the forum non-US militaria policy.