Possible UDT/Seal Patches (?)

BagmanL6

Good Afternoon,

Was reading the recent post concerning UDT21 OG-107 shirt.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/242564-udt21-og-107-shirt/

I took notice of the sleeve patch since I have a patch with a similar frog mascot which I believe is Chinese or Taiwanese. I bought it from an estate. The gentlemen served as a Naval Officer in the 50s. The tape on the back (which has fallen off) says Chines Army Seal Force II. Hand written numbers are on each patch along with the year 1956. My question is could these patches be for US Advisers to Taiwan or somehow related to US Forces? Does anyone know what they are? Thanks for any and all assistance.

post-150797-0-87465500-1434733559.jpg

Click on the link below and it doesn't answer your question but gives the reader a better understanding of the training program back then. My guess is that US UDT instructors wore their OG-107 fatigues with their UDT shoulder patches and graduates wanted to emulate their instructors and had similar insignia produced. I haven't come across a photo of US UDT wearing any Taiwanese UDT insignia but since US UDT and Seal Team advisors wore LDNN insignia during the SVN War it stands to reason that US UDT advisors in Taiwan would wear their insignia.

www.viewoftherockies.com/JohnPCooper.html