Need help with a few bomb group or squadron patches

muddyboots

• 1 month later...

The history of the 336th Bombardment Squadron, Heavy, was that it was a B-36 unit with the 95th Bombardment Wing, Heavy converted to B-52D's on 1 Jan 1959, the 95th Wing had 3 squadrons assigned. The 334th remained with the 95th at Biggs AFB, Texas untill the 95th disbanded on 25 Jun 66, the 335th converted for training at Biggs and was transfered to the 4130th Strategic Wing at Bergstrom with B-52D's on 15 Jan 59 and the third squadron, the 336th remained at Biggs until 1 Jul 59 when the 4138th Strategic Wing assigned to Turner AFB, Georgia was capable of handling B-52 aircraft. The 4138th and 336th were replaced by the 484th Bombardment Wing, Heavy and the 824th Bombardment Squadron, Heavy, on 1 Feb 63.

That is great! Thanks for everyone's help. Are these patches rare or hard to get. My son is bugging me for them but I don't want to hand him a rare patch and he destroy it.

The SAC bomb squadron patches you have are not rare. The 335th is the least common out of your selection. Its a good clean example ad worth keeping it that way. What is rare is a 335th BS patch from the 95th BW ive only ever seen one and it went for a few hundred dollars :)

rob