Need help with a few bomb group or squadron patches

muddyboots

I picked these up a year ago and have rediscovered them. I don't know to much about patches so any help would be great.

post-24366-0-74160600-1434731949.jpg

ocsfollowme

Not trying to sound like a smarty pants, but try typing in "tactical air command" into a major search engine. If you use quotation marks around a phrase, the search engine will search for that exact phrase. Any patch with text can usually be found this way rather quickly.

#5 is exactly what it says. Type this into google

"tactical air command" patch

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1OPRB_enUS615US615&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=%22tactical%20air%20command%22%20patch

Yes the tactical command patch is self explanatory. I live near Wright Patterson Air Base so I see a lot of the Command patches. But I thought I would post them because they came with the group of patches. They came from a estate sale west of Nashville. I got them for $20.

#2 is 1950s USAF 334th Bomb Squadron Patch

I didn't see that you nailed the 334th and I am inclined to think that they are all from the 50's. I thought for sure someone would nail down the first patch. If all else fails I can take a trip over to the Air Force Museum.

ocsfollowme

Randy or Johnny Signor will nail #1 by the end of the night. There are other gurus too. I typed in torch and gauntlet in the search engine at usafpatches.com and came up with nothing. These are all 1950s ad early 1960s patches. You did great with $20!

#1 IS THE 336 BOMB SQUADRON TURNER AFB

That is great! Thanks for everyone's help. Are these patches rare or hard to get. My son is bugging me for them but I don't want to hand him a rare patch and he destroy it.