DML/Dragon 1:35 scale US Machine Gun Team figures

Old Marine

This is the US Machine Gun Team from the 1/35 scale DML/Dragon US support weapons set. I finally got a model finished and I thought you guys might like to see it.

The figures were built straight out of the box. The base is made of bass wood, foam board and air dry clay coated with static grass and some foam foliage and grass tufts.

To get the background I did a google search of "French countryside pictures" and this nice photo popped up. I positioned my iPad behind the figures and took a photo with my digital camera. I cropped it tight and it came out better than I expected. I didn't know an iPad screen would photograph that well.

I have a lengthy tutorial showing my process for building and painting figures that I will be posting later on over this weekend.

In the mean time here are a few photos of the finished vignette.

Thanks

Dennis

post-2843-0-53099000-1434591769.jpg

The Meatcan

Fantastic figures, Dennis! They would look great on any base and the one you built looks sharp. The digital photo backdrop worked slick; it makes for an excellent display!

Terry

Dennis,

Amazing! Just simply amazing! I cannot wait to see your tutorial. The background turned out very well.

Thanks for posting....Kat

Proud Kraut

Another wonderfull vignette! I love the amount of details displayed here including the helmet straps, pile of brass etc. Your background works perfect and your skin painting skills are amazing. Terrific!

Dennis! Awesome vignette!!! It's simple yet it conveys a lot. I love the painting of the figures, the base with grass and stones, the spent brass cartridges, and you know above all I love the background scene. It really brings the vignette to life.

You did a magnificent job.

Semper Fi.

Manny