US MARINE CORPS NAMED JAPANESE RIFLE BRING BACK

Mr.Jerry

We just picked up this nice Japanese type 38 rifle with bayonet, but the coolest part is the US Marines name on the stock. Can anyone add any history on this guy?

Thanks,

Jerry

IMG_0768.JPG

R.N. QJertson is hard to make out. I've been searching Jertson and QJertson. Seems a no-show, the first initials don't help either. Sorry, OP.

Here are results:

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=marine_muster&gss=sfs28_ms_db&new=1&rank=1&msT=1&gsln=Jertson&gsln_x=1&MSAV=1&uidh=000

If you have any other information on him search using this:

http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1089&cj=1&netid=cj&o_xid=0000584978&o_lid=0000584978&o_sch=Affiliate+External

Gjertson. ..

Name:Russell N GjertsonMuster Date:Jul 1943Enlistment Date:3 Dec 1942Rank:PrivateStation:H and S Co, 2D Tk Bn, 2D Mar Div Fmf, In The Field

Gjertson. ..

Name:Russell N GjertsonMuster Date:Jul 1943Enlistment Date:3 Dec 1942Rank:PrivateStation:H and S Co, 2D Tk Bn, 2D Mar Div Fmf, In The Field

I'm sorry I'm quite blind lol.

I spent about an hour between Google, fold 3 & ancestry, playing with the name, they are correct above, He was from Wisconsin. the H&S co. 2nd Tk Bn 2nd Marines.

Tulagi, Tarawa, Saipan, Okinawa.....congratulation's on a great find.

would love to see the whole rifle.....

Thanks Guys,

You never cease to amaze me!

It is a pretty clean one with matching bolt, and a nice bayonet, partially ground mum.

I will post some more pics soon.

Nice rifle Jerry.Great find.

I had a rifle with a card taped to the stock with the sailors name and ship.Often wonder if this wasnt done to identify an item when stored on board ship coming home and when leaving the ship the vet got "his" rifle back.

Im guessing with a ground mum its something he picked up before shipping home.

USCapturephotos

I love the rifle and love the fact that other of his things have turned up. Thanks for sharing guys!

Paul

I absolutely love it when things come together. Hope it works out that these fine collectibles are re-united. It really is a small world made so much smaller by the World Wide Web.

Raidercollector

Jerry nice find, And to see his uniform on the forum to,What luck!! Someone should do some trading.

Nick

Lucky 7th Armored

Wow, this is truly amazing! I hope one of you can work out a trade, if not maybe in the future. It would be a shame if the items never reunited! Nice rifle, Mr Jerry!

Haydn