Unknown Lapel Pins

Airborne-Hunter

I've found three of these now. All dated in the late 40s. These two are nearly identical. The other one is enameled and gold tone. These two were on an occupation era uniform that had a US Forces Austria patch. Does anyone know what they are for? Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-82351400-1434478536.jpg

It looks like Zell am See, which is resort town on a lake in the Alps. It was in the US zone during the occupation period. The pins are probably for some event that was 50 meters in length.

My first thought was that it looked like the Lorelei rock on the Rhine River.

Is 50 meters a class of sailing boat?

That would be an awful big boat....

What do the backs of the pins look like? I don't think they're European..... Are these "Sterling Silver"...any markings on the back?

• 5 years later...

These are Prudential Insurance Co sales award pins. The logo is the rock of Gibraltar, and the numbers correspond to the policy amounts sold. They come with different numbers: 50M, 75M, 100M, 150M. The screw backs are marked Newark Emblem Co, Newark NJ. Prudential is based in Newark. I have no idea why they would be on a uniform. They are cool though--it's always nice to have a pin with the exact date on it!

• 2 years later...

Found this in an antique shop and knew I had seen it here somewhere!  Of course I assumed it was military since I had seen it here. Oh well, as said above it's still cool and now we've seen pre-war, at least pre US involvement and post -war.

B56EB521-7DE9-48E5-B62D-F2A49C58F4EB.jpeg-1.jpg