Is this Disney or bugs bunny?

VickiMouse

I think this is a marine corps unit. Is it Disney and does anyone know which unit? Also, Disney Dave is great at helping out with Disney questions and I have enjoyed his books.

post-158569-0-31426200-1434328346.jpg

Johnny Signor

The patch is that of USMC , SMS-62 ,(Service Squadron) and Jeff Milstiens book has it as a Disney related work .......

To the best of my knowldge Disney Studios did not do rabbits. They were in Leo Schlesinger's domain. Corect me if I'm wrong. Bobgee

To the best of my knowldge Disney Studios did not do rabbits. They were in Leo Schlesinger's domain. Corect me if I'm wrong. Bobgee

I think I have seen one or two Disney designs using Thumper.

Jeff Millsteins book has a very similar design as being done by the Disney studios acknowledging the archives.

Johnny Signor

Just because it's a Rabbit doesn't necessisarily make it "bugs Bunny" .......

If memory serves me , I think they(Disney) had a Rabbit early on in the early cartoons , don't recall his name , the patch reminds me of this specific "rabbit"...... I think " he was called "Oswald" ......

Just checked the book Disney Dons Dogtags and there are several disney rabbits in the book. Oswald the lucky rabbit (seen riding a bomb on a wwii insignia) was created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks before Mickey Mouse was created but Disney lost the rights to Universal and C. Mintz. Oswald was lucky because approximately 80 years later in 2006 he was traded back to Disney in exchange for sportscaster Al Michaels. I think one of the Disney rabbits seen in Disney wwii designs is Max the Hare from Silly Symphonies. Max sometimes looks a little like Bugs which is why I asked if my patch was bugs or Disney. Thanks everyone for your comments and any corrections to my comments are always welcome as I am here to learn.

" Eh, What's up, Doc?" So Disney did do bunnies. In the case of VMF-217, the squadron requested a fighting rabbit insignia from Disney. They produced a fighting bulldog which the squadron cdr rejected. They went to Schlesinger and got their Bugs Bunny insignia. Bobgee

VMF-217.jpg......."

Johnny Signor

Some one PM me their e mail and I'll send the an original color art of FASRON-110 , my image too big to load direct to the forum ........

Some one PM me their e mail and I'll send the an original color art of FASRON-110 , my image too big to load direct to the forum ........

You can send the image to me Johnny and I'll format it down for USMF posting.

Bob

Here's a greatly reduced copy of Johnny's FASRON 110 emblem file copy.

After seeing this image, I doubt very much if Hank Porter had much to do with this one,

unless this was just someones copy of Disney's original art work.

post-6249-0-02424000-1435159165.jpg

5thwingmarty

Looking up images of Max the Hare and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, you will see Max was a dark brown to reddish brown color and was always wearing a sweater or a coat. Oswald was black and white and really looked like Mickey Mouse only with skinnier ears.

post-96854-0-14892600-1435238564.jpg

post-96854-0-12902000-1435238571.png

Johnny Signor thought some of you might find this design of interest and

asked me to post this great looking WWII Disney Studios done for VT 7.

post-6249-0-80305400-1435255102.jpg