Is this Disney or bugs bunny?

I believe so, looks like bugs bunny imitation.

Nice patch.

They fought together as brothers in arms; they died together and now they sleep side by side...To them, we have a solemn obligation — the obligation to ensure that their sacrifice will help make this a better and safer world in which to live. - Chester W. Nimitz

To the best of my knowldge Disney Studios did not do rabbits. They were in Leo Schlesinger's domain. Corect me if I'm wrong. Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

To the best of my knowldge Disney Studios did not do rabbits. They were in Leo Schlesinger's domain. Corect me if I'm wrong. Bobgee

I think I have seen one or two Disney designs using Thumper.

Just because it's a Rabbit doesn't necessisarily make it "bugs Bunny" .......

If memory serves me , I think they(Disney) had a Rabbit early on in the early cartoons , don't recall his name , the patch reminds me of this specific "rabbit"...... I think " he was called "Oswald" ......

Just checked the book Disney Dons Dogtags and there are several disney rabbits in the book. Oswald the lucky rabbit (seen riding a bomb on a wwii insignia) was created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks before Mickey Mouse was created but Disney lost the rights to Universal and C. Mintz. Oswald was lucky because approximately 80 years later in 2006 he was traded back to Disney in exchange for sportscaster Al Michaels. I think one of the Disney rabbits seen in Disney wwii designs is Max the Hare from Silly Symphonies. Max sometimes looks a little like Bugs which is why I asked if my patch was bugs or Disney. Thanks everyone for your comments and any corrections to my comments are always welcome as I am here to learn.

" Eh, What's up, Doc?" So Disney did do bunnies. In the case of VMF-217, the squadron requested a fighting rabbit insignia from Disney. They produced a fighting bulldog which the squadron cdr rejected. They went to Schlesinger and got their Bugs Bunny insignia. Bobgee

VMF-217.jpg......."

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Wasnt Bugs named Happy Rabbit in his early days?

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Here's a greatly reduced copy of Johnny's FASRON 110 emblem file copy.

After seeing this image, I doubt very much if Hank Porter had much to do with this one,

unless this was just someones copy of Disney's original art work.

post-6249-0-02424000-1435159165.jpg

Looking up images of Max the Hare and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, you will see Max was a dark brown to reddish brown color and was always wearing a sweater or a coat. Oswald was black and white and really looked like Mickey Mouse only with skinnier ears.

post-96854-0-14892600-1435238564.jpg

post-96854-0-12902000-1435238571.png

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif