Normandy Then and Now Photos

panzerbait

I'm fascinated by then and now photographs, especially those related to Normandy. I was asked on another post to put up some of my own then and now photographs, and I encourage anyone else with cool then and now Normandy photos to do the same!

post-11529-0-53110000-1434326197.jpg

post-11529-0-23652400-1434326210.jpg

uniformcollector

Great photos! I'm actually going to Normandy today. If you have any others you want, just send them to me this morning with the locations and if I get them before I go, I will try my best to take some more photos.

Great photos! I'm actually going to Normandy today. If you have any others you want, just send them to me this morning with the locations and if I get them before I go, I will try my best to take some more photos.

Have fun! If you've never been there before, then you are in for a real treat. I'd encourage you to take your own then and now photos, then post them here when you get back! It would be fun to keep this thread going. Anybody else out there with cool Normandy then and now shots that they want to share???

Johan Willaert

Anybody else out there with cool Normandy then and now shots that they want to share???

Bayeux Train Station 1944 & 2009

post-92-0-53268900-1434376178.jpg

post-92-0-33383600-1434376190.jpg

Johan Willaert

The dirt road the Rangers took South from Pointe du Hoc and where they established their forward CP;
picture taken in 1945, from Small Unit Actions 1946 & The same road 9th June 2009

post-92-0-36098800-1434376304.jpg

post-92-0-88386600-1434376331.jpg

Then and now pictures are my favorite kind of posts! Thank you so much for posting these amazing pictures. I LOVE them!

...Kat

Just curious, that schoolhouse in Reims, is there any display or plaque stating where the surrender took place?

The schoolhouse has a nice museum dedicated to the surrender. The room where the actual surrender took place has all the original maps, furniture, etc. that was there during the surrender. I'll post some then and now photos to show what it looked/looks like.