WW1 USMC Officer Grouping 5th Rgt.

Well, I finally got an original WW1 USMC Officers grouping. I'll be updating the thread after I get the file on the Marine, however I know he was enlisted before being commissioned during the occupation. He had this uniform made in a famous Parisian tailor shop. The workmanship is superb.... The patch I suspect is French made as well. Just beautiful...

First up is the group as I unpacked it. French hat box and the uniform....

post-4618-0-08062200-1434311976.jpg

Really nice Tricot material leg wraps. They are almost like cashmere in hand...must have cost a pretty penny.

post-4618-0-65209300-1434312115.jpg

Close up of the patch... Love this one. Also check out the bullion rank sewn directly to the tunic...

post-4618-0-24729600-1434312260.jpg

Duke, what can I say. That is a gorgeous set and oh so rare. Man this one takes the cake! Absolutely superb!!. Thank you for sharing this with us. Kevin

Wow that's gorgeous! This would be exactly the uniform my grandfather would have worn - also EM and commissioned in early Dec 1918 in 1/5. Fantastic. Can't wait to see and learn more about this one (which company, etc.).

Duke, can't stop drooling over this. When you get a chance, was wondering if we could see the inside of the bell crown? Is it French made as well? Really a nice grouping once again.

Congrats on a very rare find Duke. That's got to be the centerpiece of your ever growing collection.

S/F,

Chuck

Really nice Tricot material leg wraps. They are almost like cashmere in hand...must have cost a pretty penny.

I'm sure it did. :)

Chuck

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm truly fortunate to be the current caretaker. It's my first identified Officers uniform grouping and I'm grateful to have it.

Kevin, here are a few shots of the cap. It is not French made... but still a great cap.

post-4618-0-70635200-1434322229.jpg

Gorgeous Duke, thanks! I have a USMC officers overseas cap made by the Army Navy co-operative and my WWI officers sword is marked by them as well. Nice to see a bell crown with the marking. Appreciate it.