101st and BOB

ww2vault

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an article online or anywhere where a member of the 101st voiced their opinion on the Band of Brothers series? All I am really looking for is to know what the actually 101st vets thought of the series. I remember hearing some where that one veteran got choked up when he watched it for he thought it was very close to the real thing.

- Jeff

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of an article online or anywhere where a member of the 101st voiced their opinion on the Band of Brothers series? All I am really looking for is to know what the actually 101st vets thought of the series. I remember hearing some where that one veteran got choked up when he watched it for he thought it was very close to the real thing.

- Jeff

Check out Mark Bando's site. He has a good section on the movie with critical notes on it including response from the vets....

http://www.101airborneww2.com/

-Ski

I agree with Ski.Check out trigger time.Im not a memeber but its a great site.

There were several things in the series that were Hollywood-ized.One thing that sticks out to me was the scene where Webster went on patrol and crossed the river to bring back a POW.In realality he never went.He stayed on the opposite side in a obsevation position.This was from his book he wrote.

RON