Help ID US Army Colonel grouping? Ordnance Corps South Carolina NG 263rd ADA

BDU_Burger_Lover

BDU_Burger_Lover

Howdy everyone. Today I thought I would share with y'all three BDU tops I got from the same seller, all named to the same officer:

post-158610-0-71105200-1434021217.jpg

The original owner was a Lieutenant Colonel in the South Carolina National Guard before being promoted to Colonel and assigned to the 263rd Air Defense Artillery Brigade. All three jackets are of the temperate weather kind with the wide Elvis collar. All labels are virtually illegible if not altogether gone, but it seems that two of these jackets have/had white labels which would mean they were manufactured in 1981-1982. More pictures to follow.

The name on all three of them is Moody. If somebody were able to help me research the original owner I would be most grateful. Please PM me and I will be sure to update this original post with any info provided by fellow forum members.

Thank you in advance and God bless,

Alex

BDU_Burger_Lover

post-158610-0-69410000-1434022111.jpg

post-158610-0-43385800-1434022120.jpg

Here's a close-up of the two Lt Col jackets. Both have Lt Col and Ordnance Corps collar insignia as well as SC Natonal Guard SSI's.

BDU_Burger_Lover

post-158610-0-22063400-1434022286.jpg

And here's the Colonel's jacket. Colonel and Ordnance Corps collar insignia and 263rd ADA Bde SSI. Based on their length I think the name and Army tapes were removed and added from another uniform, possibly an OG shirt.

When BDUs first came out it was pretty common to see tapes that weren't as wide as the pockets. I'm not sure if this was by regulation or just common practice but the reg was later updated to make them the same width as the pocket.