How common are these? This is the first one that has come into my shop and I need to know what they are worth so I can make a fair offer. Cheers

Gary

post-96-1217548019.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

"YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH RED WINE, TOO MANY BOOKS, OR TOO MUCH AMMUNITION."

Rudyard Kipling

How common are these? This is the first one that has come into my shop and I need to know what they are worth so I can make a fair offer. Cheers

Gary

post-96-1217548042.jpg

Rudyard Kipling

Gary-

They're readily available and are certainly not scarce. I'd guess they are normally priced in the $50 to $75 range. The number on the brooch is not traceable, if anyone is wondering about that.

Kurt

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I have one that is not as good as yours; the ribbon being in worse shape. I have had it about 8-10 years and I paid $75 for it back then. I probably paid more than it was worth...but I wanted it. Hope this helps.

Check out my website of Military Relics and Collectibles: http://www.ourboysof98.com
I try to update it by adding several new items each month, so keep checking back.

Thanks,
keith

donation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thank you gentlemen! And Kurt they are are sort of searchable I have found that the New York State Archives have the complete list but it is not indexed so you can confirm if someone had it issued to them. Hopefully someone will take on the task of indexing it some year.

Rudyard Kipling

Here is the later version

Bill

post-248-1217944905.jpg

post-248-1217944915.jpg

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

One more

post-248-1217944957.jpg

"The Americans on this Island are not ordinary troops, but Marines, a special force recruited from jails and insane asylums for blood lust." -Japanese Newspaper found during the Battle of Guadalcanal - "They Got That Right!!" Chesty Puller

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

• 1 year later...

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.