EM EGA High Quality

otter42

im not good with ega but i just read maybe 2 days ago they are sweetheart ega or at least thats how i understood it...

normaninvasion

Concur, it is a sweetheart. It is modeled after an officers dress cover emblem, fouled anchor. Believe this pattern was 1940s era.

Concur, it is a sweetheart. It is modeled after an officers dress cover emblem, fouled anchor. Believe this pattern was 1940s era.

i think i remember they said 42 is when it made its first appearance?

i think i remember they said 42 is when it made its first appearance?

The pattern was introduced in 1937

I don't know if anyone has looked into when the sweetheart pin itself came into production. They are fairly plentiful and likely saw a long production run

normaninvasion

Brig, Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, while this officers pattern has always fallen under the 37, I thought there was some discussion that it didn't start showing up until the mid 40s.

Brig, Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, while this officers pattern has always fallen under the 37, I thought there was some discussion that it didn't start showing up until the mid 40s.

i know it was mentioned in the post i read but i cant seem to find it

It likely didn't, but I am not aware of a year being pinned down. There are known examples of epaulette pinbacks, very scarce, which I believe the consensus was made them pre-war

Some of the belief may be because of the H&H Imperial pattern, where the dual hallmark was used briefly from 42-43. But this pattern was not meant to be a replacement, both continued to see production into the 50s