Bought A Patch Collection -- Could Use Some Help On A Couple!

HistoryNut

I recently purchased a collection of nearly 500 patches...the large majority are Air Force. Nearly all of the patches in the collection date from the 80s and 90s. However, there are a few that likely date from the 70s. Can anyone help identify the 23 and 68 patch? The third patch is an Air Force AGE patch that was uniform removed and looks theater made...any information would be greatly appreciated.

post-13256-0-78556500-1433975430.jpg

The AGE patch looks to have some misspellings. It reads, "-AEROSPE GROUND EQUIDTMENT- A 5 - MASTER TECHINICAN-

Patchcollector

I believe that the "68" piece may be for a USAF training unit from 1968.IIRC,the "23" patch is also training related.

That 23d FS patch is what they were wearing around the time of their inactivation in 2010. No insight to when they started wearing it.

Steve

The 23 patch is the TFS version worn during the 80s into the early 90s. The white backing shows it is German made. They did use a version of this when they inactivated, but it was standard computer made. The 68 patch looks European made, could be for a NATO unit. Class patches usually have a class letter following the year.

Randy

Thanks gents for all of the input and comments! Randy, the person I purchased the collection from said there were some NATO patches included. The seller was an Air Force vet that was stationed/deployed and traveled TDY all over the world...he was an avid patch collector and was always trading to add to his collection. I can't wait until I get the time to go through them all.

Thanks gents for all of the input and comments! Randy, the person I purchased the collection from said there were some NATO patches included. The seller was an Air Force vet that was stationed/deployed and traveled TDY all over the world...he was an avid patch collector and was always trading to add to his collection. I can't wait until I get the time to go through them all.

No problem. Give me a shout if you have other questions and I'll see if I can help.

Randy