Clarktor 6

dlb56hdt

I have a Clarktor 6. The only numbers that I can find so far are on the motor N291535CAL. Any one ideas on how to check history on ths vehicle?

Dan MCB-9

I don't know the answer but I will be interested to hear. There are two of these at the airport here in town.

...Kat

I will be back out at the airport on Monday. I will look around on those two as well to see if I can find any numbers.

...Kat

AAF_Collection

Hi Dan,

I have two WWII Clarktor's, both ongoing projects as time and funds allow.

I'm afraid I don't recognise the number you posted, does your tug still have the Chrysler flathead six motor installed? if so the engine model and serial should appear on the left (distributor) side of the block, at the top just aft of the waterpump, just below where the head meets the block.

Otherwise the tractor serial should be stamped on the rear cross member, usually to the right of the towing hitch. The number is often quite lightly stamped, so you may have to remove paint to see it.

Finally the front axle should be numbered, this is usually stamped somewhere close to the centre of the axle.

If you can find the tractor serial on the rear cross member, Joe who runs the Clark Tugs group on yahoo can usually find the original build card for your specific vehicle, and if you'd like to post some pictures here I can probably help with a rough idea of build period.

Matt.

Hi Dan,

I have two WWII Clarktor's, both ongoing projects as time and funds allow.

I'm afraid I don't recognise the number you posted, does your tug still have the Chrysler flathead six motor installed? if so the engine model and serial should appear on the left (distributor) side of the block, at the top just aft of the waterpump, just below where the head meets the block.

Otherwise the tractor serial should be stamped on the rear cross member, usually to the right of the towing hitch. The number is often quite lightly stamped, so you may have to remove paint to see it.

Finally the front axle should be numbered, this is usually stamped somewhere close to the centre of the axle.

If you can find the tractor serial on the rear cross member, Joe who runs the Clark Tugs group on yahoo can usually find the original build card for your specific vehicle, and if you'd like to post some pictures here I can probably help with a rough idea of build period.

Matt.

Thank you for the infomation. I will look for the numbers and take some pictures.

Dan