M42 Jump Jacket what do you think

jurgo

HI

Those brass snappers are a little fresh for me , not to mention it has all the patches in all the right places.

What else has this seller sold in the past ?

Fun fun fun .

I own 1 in my collection and it has the diecast metal type buttons ,however it has 1 brass button .

these tarnish with age and go rather dull, this 1 is bright and full of life .

My other M42 had all brass buttons and these were also tarnished with a hint of green to the edges.

I hope this helps .

All the best

o

I wish I had two more hands to give this Jacket four thumbs down. thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

Notice also no pics of the zippers at all this would help a lot more and anyone who owned an original and knew about these jackets would post pics of that little tell tale detail.

Heady

I agree with all said.Lots of fading to the reinforcements but the snaps look a little new.Wonder why there were no pics of the zipers.

RON

Johan Willaert

Would it be a coincidence that this seller is located at the same place as Ebay users 'kubel6', who has been selling more re-inforced jackets and D-bail helmets on Ebay than there were actually used in Normandy in 1944?

Have seen and discussed this jacket before - the jacket (including the brass snaps) is original.

The reinforcements are undoubtedly repros added by that master of forgery, kubel6, who you'll probably find is the same person.

Cheers,

Glen.

bravo_2_zero

The riggers stitching looks machine sewn by someone who don't know how to sew. The machines tension is set wrong, this gives the pulled tight thread that you see on the underside or the cargo pockets. So i'd say it's either done on a vintage machine or period sewn as many modern sewing machines are auto tension types.