MKII grenade colors

rldarmstr

I'm curious if anyone has information on the colors used by different manufacturers of MKII grenades. Primarily the yellow, red, gray, and late practice grenade blue.

I have three original (I believe) MKII's that are yellow but they are not a canary yellow or a faded yellow. The color has a hint of orange to it. Same is true for a 1920's MKII practice grenade that I have that is red, but with a slight orange tint.

I have also seen various gray colors and finishes as well as various blue (practice grenades)colors.

Were these colors not standardized by the Gov.? Was each manufacturer allowed to use whatever they thought was 'yellow' or 'red', for instance? Seems like the government would dictate precisely.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

RD

Use the search tool to look through past discussions held on this topic. Use terms like: "Grenade Color Yellow Grey" and the search engine will pull up all the past threads that have detailed this.

The yellow paint they used had orange in it, it sounds like yours is correct. But asking for judgement on colors, and not posting photos is a practice in futility. Post a few pictures and we can help you with authenticity.

Yeah, I did that and came up with little or nothing to answer the question.

I'm not asking for judgment on my grenades or anything else. I am asking for information on the colors used and whether they were specifically defined by the Gov. or not.

I'm satisfied that mine are original (previously posted)but I want to know if others I have seen that differ in coloration (tint)are also original. Is there no information on this? Has no one ever wondered the same thing?

• 1 month later...