WWII Cut Down Parka With Pin Up Girls

Pudgy (V)

I purchased this jacket yesterday, and I wasn't sure what it was till my friend told me. It appears to be a cut down WWII parka. Apparently, soldiers who drove motorized vehicles did this to make it easier getting in and out of the vehicle. Has anyone heard of this? Is it common for GI's to put pin ups on field jackets? Any bit of information would be great.

post-151853-0-98986900-1433799435.jpg

post-151853-0-46056000-1433799457.jpg

blitzkrieg gsd

That's very cool first time I have ever seen pin up girls painted onto a combat style jacket. Do you have any info on it? The story of the owner who painted it or anything about it at all?

I purchased this from a collector who had it for years. He really couldn't give me any other information. The jacket is named to what looks like an E.L. Duncan. The jacket has that been there done that look to it. It has some holes, and a nice size rip in the right sleeve.

I have seen a few different jackets with the pinups painted on. Kind of nose art for the maintenance folks... Nice jacket.

Captainofthe7th

Superb jacket. I have a cut down parka like this (no artwork) that was sold as a Korean War cut down. Mine does not have the fur hood and it does appear to be combat used. I think it is the later model, so I have always believed it to be from Korea.

Rob

thanks!...hubba hubba ....great artwork, this guy must have been the envy of all his buddies with that jacket!....mike

Mike,

That was funny!! I have to say, the one in the blue is quite hot. The guy I bought the jack from thought it might be the same girl in both pinups.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Do you know who owns this field jacket ? (name, laundry number...)

Superb jacket ! :love:

Cordially,

Laulau35

Stephen Werneth

Very interesting, have never seen the jacket art before. I do have a Valentine Card similar to the full length piece.

The name E.L. Duncan is stamped inside the jacket. I couldn't find a laundry stamp though. I think the GI would be thrilled to know guys are still talking about his jacket after all these years.

The name E.L. Duncan is stamped inside the jacket. I couldn't find a laundry stamp though. I think the GI would be thrilled to know guys are still talking about his jacket after all these years.

Hello,

thin! it will be complicated to identify what GI with NARA...

Cordially,

Laulau35