Museum of Aviation, Warner Robbins AFB, question, help please

digi-shots

digi-shots

I wonder if any of the members here might have visited the Aviation Museum at Warner Robbins... or lives close by that they visit frequently.

I'm looking for some photos of the CBI - Hump display. I've been told they have a pretty good exhibit which includes a flight jacket that belonged to a 13th Combat Squadron pilot.

Hopefully, the next time I'm in the Atlanta area, I'll take a trip down to the museum, in the meantime, if anyone has any photos and could post them, I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks!

digi-shots,

I was there last year and wrote a short article on the museum for AAMUC's FOOTLOCKER. I'll look through the photos I took and see what I have from the CBI. Do you know the name of the pilot? It may make it easier to find.

I do have a few photos with me. Here is an example of an A-2 display there.

post-203-0-04603100-1433774516.jpg

Oddly enough, this museum came up yesterday in conversation as the B-17 from Grissom in Indiana is being moved to W-R.

willysmb44

When I lived in Florida, I visited the place several times when my re-enacting group would do events there.

Gen Robert Scott (of "God is my co-pilot" fame) had an office there back then and I got to meet the man twice. Real class act.

The museum has since gotten rid of several deteriorating airplanes, though...

digi-shots

digi-shots,

I was there last year and wrote a short article on the museum for AAMUC's FOOTLOCKER. I'll look through the photos I took and see what I have from the CBI. Do you know the name of the pilot? It may make it easier to find.

The flyer was Lt. Lovell Spackman... he flew C-46's with the 13th Combat Cargo Squadron, 4th Combat Cargo Group. His jacket is supposed to be there with his 13th patch and blood chit. The patch is red with an eagle riding a lightening bolt (coming out of the clouds) with a pair of dice in his talons. If you do have a photo of it, that would be great.

His uniform might also be there... I'm not sure.

Thanks again!