Vietnam war Marines impression

mobilestrikeforce

look good, but I would love to see front, side and back views of your impression to really get a feel for it.

look good, but I would love to see front, side and back views of your impression to really get a feel for it.

Yes, that sounds like a very goo idea! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Marine looks good but do what I did to my AR.I bought an old 3 prong muzzle/ flash hider and replaced the bird cage for display.They use to be cheap and easy to find as no one wanted them

RON

Marine looks good but do what I did to my AR.I bought an old 3 prong muzzle/ flash hider and replaced the bird cage for display.They use to be cheap and easy to find as no one wanted them

RON

I agree, the early 3 prong flash hider has the classic Vietnam era M16 look !

Great job!

But was the M-4 and the M-203 weren't used in Vietnam.

Thats an XM177 /CAR-15 carbine fitted with M203. These were already in use in VN starting in 67 and 69 respectively.

I agree, the early 3 prong flash hider has the classic Vietnam era M16 look !

The 3-prong flashhider was unique to the early versions M16 (USAF) and XM16E1 (US Army), the former having no forward assist and mag release fence. The US Army standardized the M16A1 which changed to the birdcage flashhider and added the forward assist, mag release fence and butt stock cleaning kit case.