Looking for accounts of the Sikes-Fairbairn Knife being used in the OSS

GI GENE

I am currently writing a book about the OSS for Osprey Publishing. One key component of this book will be the weapons that were used by OSS personnel. This includes the model of the Sikes-Fairbairn Knife that was exclusively issued to the OSS. I've read that its blade was thin and many of its tips broke off. I would like to hear how OSS personnel used in the field, even if it was only used to open ration cans. ;)

All who submit accounts will be kept anonymous, and will not be mentioned by name in the book.

If you can help, please email me at [email protected]

or send me a letter to:

Gene Liptak

PO Box 36841

Tucson, AZ 85740

Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best,

GI Gene

I am currently writing a book about the OSS for Osprey Publishing. One key component of this book will be the weapons that were used by OSS personnel. This includes the model of the Sikes-Fairbairn Knife that was exclusively issued to the OSS. I've read that its blade was thin and many of its tips broke off. I would like to hear how OSS personnel used in the field, even if it was only used to open ration cans. ;)

All who submit accounts will be kept anonymous, and will not be mentioned by name in the book.

If you can help, please email me at [email protected]

or send me a letter to:

Gene Liptak

PO Box 36841

Tucson, AZ 85740

Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best,

GI Gene

The blade had the same profile as the "standard" F-S knives, so would have been no more (or less) prone to breakage than the F-S knives. I own several OSS knives and pistols and have some research materials but the man to contact, if you have not, is Dr. John Brunner, author of _OSS Weapons_ and a former agent himself in the CBI theater.

Regards,

Kevin Williams

post-403-1217555325.jpg