Great Kevlar Helmet With Writing

CorsairAce

Just got this for my Birthday. Nice writing along the sides. Don't know much about helmets but this one is sure nice. What do you guys think?

DSCF9124.jpg

DSCF9125.jpg

DSCF9126.jpg

DSCF9127.jpg

I'd say it's legit, I've seen a few examples like this. It's nice because the graffiti isn't like some of the obviously faked types with it going across the whole cover.

Just got this for my Birthday. Nice writing along the sides. Don't know much about helmets but this one is sure nice. What do you guys think?

Old joke:

"Did you hear about Saddam Hussein's favorite beer "Scud-lite"? You can drink it all night and it still never hits the spot"

Cincinnati and the red bull make it to be a 34th Division guard soldier, probably done at the end of his deployment or after he got home, as the FTA on the back would have got him a visit by a CSM as his head was uncorking.

Cincinnati and the red bull make it to be a 34th Division guard soldier, probably done at the end of his deployment or after he got home, as the FTA on the back would have got him a visit by a CSM as his head was uncorking.

Try telling a CSM that it stands for Fun, Travel, and Adventure and you'll find out very quickly that the CSM doesn't have a sense of humor. Also, for some reason, having 'Front Towards Enemey' on the front of your helmet band doesn't go over well either.

Humor, its a lost art in the army

I'm not so sure about this one.

The helmet band appears to be Vietnam era with no cat eyes. The grafitti on the band refers to Scuds which were more of a concern in Desert Storm than they were in OIF 1.

The cover is the "coffee stain" 3-color desert camo as used in OIF 1. Desert Storm camo would be the 6-color "chocolate chip" camo.

As previously mentioned, FTA pretty much isn't tolerated any more.

This one just doesn't add up to "feel" good to me.

Steve

Spathologist

I wouldn't discount it just because of the graffiti topic. There were plenty of SCUD hunts early in the war. And whatever the guy put on there just had to mean something to him, and I've seen plenty of stuff that made me go, "KFC?" I know I don't give much thought to what future generations will think of what I write on my gear.

It could still be legit. As for the helmet band, if it was a guard unit, having vietnam era stuff isn't out of sorts. I just found a M-1967 pattern canteen carrier the other day in my supply room, so an old helmet band is probable. As for the pattern, some three color was starting to come out at the end of DS, if you look at the material, it is the temperate weight material, not the rip stop of later types. The helmet is dated 87, so this could very well be legit.

Maybe I should add that the person who gave it to me picked it up from a garage sale. I just wish they would have asked more about the man.

Well, you know the guy's name is Grissom, that the helmet was in the 34th Division and probably Desert Storm. If you are really that interested, you coud probably type "34th div desert storm" in google and I bet you will have a chance of finding this person, bet there weren't that many grissoms in at that time. Depending on where you live, as the 34th is based out of Minnesota, that kind of stuff doesn't tend to travel to far from it's origin.

Gentleman.......Dont be so quick to discount this. Nobodies really faking these yet, and besidesI still have my kevalr pot that I wore in Afghanistan in 2001-2002. Its adorned with "theater applied grafitti" and is 1000% legit. Mine has "THIS SIDE TOWARD ENEMY" on the front, "CAUTION, CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE" on the back, and on each side, an homage to the two theatres I wore it in...."OPERATION BRIGHT STAR CWAB CAIRO, EGYPT 1999-2000" and "OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM BAGRAM AB AFGHANISTAN 12-19-01 TO 03-19-02". My last name is also written in Farsi on the back of the back of the cover. At least that's what my Northern Allaince interpreter told me it said....for all I know it could say "Die you American Infidel-Pig". Theres photos of it in Casear Maximiano's book, M1 HELMETS OF WWII. I cant post photos here, because my USB port took a gigantic dump.

This helmet is the modern day equivalent of an early WW2 fixed bail witha first pattern USMC cover. Its one of the first produced kevalr pots, and the cover is the first pattern 3 desert camo in rip-stop nylon without foliage slits.......and before anyone asks, No, its not for sale....never!

SilverbackMP

The helmet band shouldn't be an issue; besides a national guard unit having old stuff (i.e. when I joined the guard in 95 I was issued equipment originally desitined for the Korean War), this guy could have picked up the band at a "TA-50 store" outside of post.

I dunno Lawdog...looks post war done to me :rolleyes:

J/K....priceless!

Oh, Snap! You got me w00t.gif .......I forgt to mention the small folded American flag in the elastic band. Right after 9-11, my Sheriff's Department placed small 5" by 7" American flags on all of the radio antennaes of our patrol cars. As soon as I was activated, I snatched the flag off of my car and it has remained folded and placed behind that helmet band ever since.

Finally, heres some photos of my K-pot that I wore while in Egypt and Afghanistan....Enjoy

abc013.jpg

I noticed the scripture verse on the helmet band, Isaiah 6:8... I instantly recognized this verse and I think it's a testament to what most our warrior soldiers feel about their jobs. For those who don't know this verse, here it is:

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me