M43 Jacket, Para pants repo, anyone got them?

Blake_E

Hi all, i'm after an M43 Jacket and the Paratrooper pants with pockets to suit, just wondering who makes the best repo, and has anyone got any? Recommendations, photos if you have them, who's good, who's bad would be very helpful. I really like the look of the SM Wholesale one, but its expensive and i've heard REAL bad stuff about their service, so i'd prefer not to go with them. Anyone actually bought stuff recently from them, and had no dramas? At the Front, is a good option, i have their M42 and very happy with it, but theyve sold out of the Small size gear and arent getting any in for a few months, DOH! What Price Glory, i've heard theirs are no good, any insight guys? WWII Impressions, they look good i guess, the pockets on the pants are meant to be non matching, shade wise arent they? Any other makers? Help me out guys, who's got what, and what in your opinion is the best? Any help appreciated, cheers

Hi all, i'm after an M43 Jacket and the Paratrooper pants with pockets to suit, just wondering who makes the best repo, and has anyone got any? Recommendations, photos if you have them, who's good, who's bad would be very helpful. I really like the look of the SM Wholesale one, but its expensive and i've heard REAL bad stuff about their service, so i'd prefer not to go with them. Anyone actually bought stuff recently from them, and had no dramas? At the Front, is a good option, i have their M42 and very happy with it, but theyve sold out of the Small size gear and arent getting any in for a few months, DOH! What Price Glory, i've heard theirs are no good, any insight guys? WWII Impressions, they look good i guess, the pockets on the pants are meant to be non matching, shade wise arent they? Any other makers? Help me out guys, who's got what, and what in your opinion is the best? Any help appreciated, cheers

Im with a leg unit so I cant help you on the airborne stuff. But I can tell you that I originally bought the WPG m43 and did not like the pockets. They were way to far out, almost into your arm pits. I also didnt like the way it fit across my back, it felt tight like it was pulling down on my shoulders. Before sending it back I ordered the ATF version and layed them both out side by side. Not only did the ATF version have the pockets in the correct location, but it had a much better fit.

So I sent the WPG back and went with the ATF. I have had it for a couple of years now, and it is still holding up very well.

Hope this helped. thumbsup.gif

Aaron

P.S. Both the jackets were the same size.

I'd personally stay away from the WPG M43's. I bought one of their jackets and sent it back immediately, very thin fabric and oddly placed pockets (which seems to be an issue with many of their products), nothing even close to an original. I personally own several original M43 jackets, so I'm all set there. However, for my airborne M43 pants, I purchased a pair made by At The Front. The quality is outstanding! The fabric looks and feels just as originals do and they are competitively priced. I lucked out and got mine off of a member on the WWII Reenactors Board for $25.00! I don't have much first hand experience with SMW, however, I have seen and handled their wares at reenactment flea markets and the quality is pretty good overall. I have heard decent feedback about WWII Impressions, however, they are very expensive. in short, either purchase new from SMW or ATF, or look on the reenactors board for a deal. I hope that this helps, good hunting! ~ Tim

Hi all, i'm after an M43 Jacket and the Paratrooper pants with pockets to suit, just wondering who makes the best repo, and has anyone got any? Recommendations, photos if you have them, who's good, who's bad would be very helpful.

This is me in the M43 coat from WPG, taken November 2007. Jacket was certainly warm as a top layer (and brother was it cold) but notice the upper pockets. I'm also wearing WPG M42 unreinforced pants.

Freedom Week at Florida Air Museum

The pants were washed prior to wearing; the coat wasn't. I don't know if it'll shrink in the machine wash or not.

The pants seem sturdier than the import ATF M42 pants I bought early 2007, even though they don't have the reinforced pockets.

The WPG jacket is ok, except for the upper pockets and the shoulder seam. Like I said, I don't know if the jacket will shrink to fit after a washing or not.

My hands are getting cold just looking at that pic!

Troy

the pockets on the pants are meant to be non matching, shade wise arent they? Any other makers? Help me out guys, who's got what, and what in your opinion is the best? Any help appreciated, cheers

asd far as i know initially the pockets where fieldmods don eon "plain" m43 pants - so is no problem if the pockets / pants do not 100% match ...