Hey Disney Dave , need an ID on this one please......

Johnny Signor

He's known to come and go for stretches that many of us consider long. He's just managed to have more of a life than most of us, I think, haha

• 2 weeks later...

Well, regular job and kids do keep me busy...LOL.

Was on deadline for my latest book, "In the Service of the Red Cross" which covers Walt Disney's time as a volunteer driver with the Red Cross in France following World War I. He served 10 months in France from 1918-1919. He celebrated his seventeenth birthday in a Bistro in the town of St. Cyr. I had to get the manuscript and images to the publisher in order to have books ready for a convention I will be attending in early July. Needless to say, I was busy.

As for your design Johnny...never seen it before and I have nothing in my database for this one. I did key word searches for frog and winged and I had hits but nothing that comes close to the design in question. Sorry.

Johnny Signor

Hey Dave, wow that's odd as I have it shown "very tiny" on a Disney comic book page series iamge , but it's too small to make out what "unit" it says ...... will try to post it here if it will load .....

Thanks much for trying and your reply , all the best !!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories? If so, which issue? I have almost all of the ones that reprinted the insignia designs on either the

front or back covers.

Dave,

I've attached the only image I have of the WDC&Stories/Nov-1943 issue

that Johnny mentioned.

The 'Frog' emblem is clearly visible in the lower left corner of the page,

but unfortunately the text copy is unreadable.

Hope this helps in I.D.'ing this design.

Bob

post-6249-0-06729900-1434128282.jpg

Johnny Signor

hey Dave , sorry not sure which issue , again due to the image being so small , and now I can't find it in my files ............

yes it's the Disney Comics & Stories type .

Johnny Signor

Also any chance of an ID on the one just to the right of the Frog too ????? maybe a better close up ???????

Thanks to you both Bob and Dave !!!!!!!!

doinworkinvans

Im pretty sure that says Airdrome squadron but cant for the life of me tell what number

Johnny Signor

Yeah , I agree "Airdrome Sqd " same conclusion I came to and same about not being able to read what number , it "appears" to be a single digit number , possibly 1st or 4th but that's a "guess" ..........

Johnny Signor

Maybe 7th ........

anywhere from 1 to 9 as I mentioned it appears to only be a single digit either with the "st" "rd" "nd" or "th" on it ...........

I have scans of the pages for eighteen different issues of Walt Disney's Comics & Stories with the insignia pages. I am missing images from eight issues. Unfortunately, the November 1943 issue is one I don't have images for. I also don't have an ID for the Peg Leg Pete design in the bottom right corner, either. Sorry. :(

Johnny Signor

AAAaaaaauuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed it by THAT much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks amigo for the time and efforts just the same, any chance anyone you know that would possibly have the issue ?????

Again much appreciated for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny