Movie with army using marine covers

denfly

Heres a quick comparison of the covers...i really think this is Lt Col Rankins actual cover!..check out the perfectly matching camo splotches and foliage slits......i think i will start a more detailed thread in the helmet section too....thank you to Doyler for making this discovery possible with that photo!!.....mike

post-350-0-09827000-1440342408.jpgpost-350-0-51197900-1440342428.jpg

true but even with bad explosions, it could have been better without him and his crazy face running around. If someone else had played the part it would have been better.

The entire movie would have been better if its concentration was on the ACTUAL Codetalkers instead of those who guarded them. that was the main failing of that movie.

Secondly the ridiculous special effects

Hollywood had a chance to tell a story and tell it well, and instead made a John Woo Fiasco, a melange of ''Broken Arrow'', & ''Mission Impossible II".

But at least it wasnt "Flyboys" that was Hurl worthy...

The entire movie would have been better if its concentration was on the ACTUAL Codetalkers instead of those who guarded them. that was the main failing of that movie.

Secondly the ridiculous special effects

Hollywood had a chance to tell a story and tell it well, and instead made a John Woo Fiasco, a melange of ''Broken Arrow'', & ''Mission Impossible II".

But at least it wasnt "Flyboys" that was Hurl worthy...

Nah! more like Bullet Proof Monk

• 10 months later...
Captainofthe7th

I thought there might be another topic about this, but I just wanted to add this image I recently received. This is Colonel William R. Reilly, commander of 3d battalion, 31st infantry wearing a Marine Corps helmet cover in Korea. I don't know how he acquired it (yet). The battalion was pretty good about living off the land and procuring supplies from the Marines, so who knows. Anyway, this photo is taken between November 8 - 28, 1950.

post-3190-0-26300100-1466723182.jpg

Rob

I thought there might be another topic about this, but I just wanted to add this image I recently received. This is Colonel William R. Reilly, commander of 3d battalion, 31st infantry wearing a Marine Corps helmet cover in Korea. I don't know how he acquired it (yet). The battalion was pretty good about living off the land and procuring supplies from the Marines, so who knows. Anyway, this photo is taken between November 8 - 28, 1950.

attachicon.gifreilly_10.jpg

Rob

That's about it, the 7th Div, which the 31st Inf was in was teammates with the 1st Mar Div in X Corps.

• 2 months later...

I also noticed Vic Morrows character in the TV series "Combat" how he is also using a Marine Camo cover. In Europe.

More like a piece of parachute material.His helmet wasnt even real.A liner or plastic studio prop as he didnt wear the real deal because of the weight.

Its been discussed here and other places.

• 3 years later...

A nice shot of the Marine and his cover from MASH, Tell it to the Marines, probably your more current 60s Camo Band we would guess than a WWII type band.

mash_items-denny_mash.jpg