WWII Weekend-Reading, PA June 5,6 & 7th Aircraft

the330thbg

Yes please. My pictures sucked.

Lol...don't be so hard on yourself! Seriously, I'm one of those guys out there with the big @$$ 'peeping tom' lenses. I better get some good shots with something like that!!

Thanks for looking, have a few more to put up yet. It's nice to be able to share with people, otherwise they just sit in a hard drive and now and then get changed up for a desktop screen background!

RedStateRanger

Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I attended for the second year and it was an excellent show. A college pal went with me. His Dad had flown a glider in WWII, including the Normandy Invasion. Has there ever been a WACO glider at the Reading PA show? Would like to have seen one there.

Those Magnificent Men and their flying machines! Goodness only knows what a ride in the B-17 costs.

The hanger is itself historic as the former home of the postwar P-51 squadrons of the Pennsylvania Air National Guard.

The Keystone is the symbol of Pennsylvania as the "Keystone State" which was once the center of the original colonies, just like a Keystone is the center of an arch. Without the Keystone, the arch falls down.

AA MAM 2.jpg

AA MAM 3.jpg

AA MAM 1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Lucky 7th Armored

I believe the bomber rides are anywhere from $450-$550 for a 30 minute ride. It is $1200+ for a ride in the P51... one day..

Haydn

Edit: Those are some amazing pictures, by the way!!

The reading air show is awesome to me and my son - a lot of great stuff to see and the atmosphere is so cool too. Wasn't able to make it this year but next is a given

here are a few of my favorite pics from going there

A B29 and B17 on the runway baby

Red tails

Band of brother boys

post-80886-0-54240600-1437224276.jpg

post-80886-0-80504100-1437224438.jpg