WWII Weekend-Reading, PA June 5,6 & 7th Aircraft

the330thbg

phantomfixer

I might pop in...used to go for 10-12 years straight then just phased out of it...not the same since the post 2001 crack down....we started out sleeping on the ground and worked our way up to GP mediums...

Anyway Reading is always a great show...enjoy!

As long as the baby doesn't decide that's the time he wants out, I'll be there with the 25th Infantry Division doing an Army Guadalcanal impression. Always a lot of fun....esp once the sun starts to go down!

PriorityOne

What kind of vending goes on? I might be in trouble... I tend to spend like a sailor in port at places like this...

There is a military collector flea market, there is a lot of vendors but from what I seen and have heard from others, prices are high. The World Wars are not my thing but fellow collectors and dealers I talk to say the vendors there will raise prices for that show. Even with that being said, if you look hard you can get some pretty good deals on some stuff since there is so much there. I'm not doing collectibles, I am doing surplus so kind of a different type of market.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading Airshow was absolutely spectacular.

Can not complain.

They did a wonderful job and have the crowd control, movement, logistics.., etc.. down to a science.

Hats off to them!!!!

Here is a shot I recreated with my two sons and a PT-13. On the right, is my father (tall skinny guy) which was taken exactly 74 Years prior to the day as his first flight in a PT-13 at Cal-Aero in California.

My two young boys were very excited about everything at the show.

Great stuff!!!

post-158328-0-35276800-1433951356.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to posting some pics for Reading. I go as a reenactor there, and this is I think the 14th year doing it. Always have a great time, and while 'reenacting' I still find some time to take some pics. Enjoy!

post-89245-0-93106000-1434898563.jpg