2 New Helmets, WW1 & Vietnam

freakjeep73

freakjeep73

So I'm in this antique shop in Upstate New York, and everything seems kind of pricey, so I head upstairs in a last ditch effort to find something to bring home with me. After a few minutes of browsing through glassware and furniture and other things I'm sure at least some people care about because they're everywhere, I find a dealer with *you guessed it* glassware and furniture. But hey, I see a canteen in the distance, and where there's smoke, there's usually fire. And boy was it some fire. There were 4 helmets for sale, but 2 caught my eye. A World War I Brodie Helmet, with original liner and chinstrap, sporting a painted number "10" on the shell, and a Vietnam War era M1 helmet. So I decide to try and find a price tag on these, because I'm pretty interested. But hey, the tag prices the Brodie at $20 and the M1 at $30. So yeah, I hovered over these things, barking and growling at every passerby until I made my to the register and threw $50 bucks at them faster than those darn Duke boys in their fancy car, and took off down the road back home. Let me tell you, I'm one happy camper right about now, so I want to share the excitement with you guys. Tell me what you think!

Cheers,

Tyler

freakjeep73

Mr. Jerry

I left behind a 1980's era M1 helmet that I already have, and another m1917 helmet without markings or liner, but it was still $20 so I may go back!

freakjeep73

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any idea what the "10" could mean on the m1917, or the ZB47?

• 7 years later...
ThatOneNewGuy816
On 5/25/2015 at 8:57 PM, freakjeep73 said:

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any idea what the "10" could mean on the m1917, or the ZB47?

Did you ever figure it out? Just curious.