What should i do to take this stain out?

FightenIrish35

FightenIrish35

So I recently purchased this WW2 FIELD OFFICERS overcoat and when i got home i found a stain on the bottom of the outside part of the overcoat.It is not on the wool part of the undercoat ONLY the outside and seepted threw.

I was contemplating on to take to the dry cleaners or to made try soap and water. What is the correct way to resolve this issue.

post-3581-1217379651.jpg

post-3581-1217379756.jpg

Personally, I'd go to a good dry cleaners and ask them there. My local one has a manageress who collects vintage clothes, so I'm quite lucky!

Cheers,

Glen.

Before I trust anything of mine to any cleaners I try a test spot using Vulpex according to instructions. You'd be amazed what it can clean and without damaging the material no matter what it is for the most part. Those here that work in museums know it's uses.

Before I trust anything of mine to any cleaners I try a test spot using Vulpex according to instructions. You'd be amazed what it can clean and without damaging the material no matter what it is for the most part. Those here that work in museums know it's uses.

Vulpex soap and Renaissance Wax... two of my favorite preservation and conservation products. As stated, Vulpex soap usually does the job quite nicely, just test it on a small area first. As mentioned from their own literature and the testimonials of many museums, Vulpex has been used on clothing, rugs, leather, etc. with great success. It's not cheap, but it does the trick 99.5 times out of 100.

Thanks for bringing up the Vulpex! I never heard of it before and I have looked at a couple of websites. It looks like a great product and I will pick up a bottle to try.

Make sure you use the Vulpex as recommended. Dilute it at least as much as they say. That stuff is powerful yet non toxic. It'll just suck the moisture out of your skin if you get it on you so use gloves.

FightenIrish35

Great thanks guys you saved me from probally trying something stupid . Will look into finding Vulpex.Where can i find it to buy,is there a website?

• 2 weeks later...