Warbirds over the Beach - MAM airshow Virginia Beach, VA

Waltz41

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to head down to the Military Aviation Museum, down in Virginia Beach. They hold an annual open house/airshow that I have really wanted to get down to for a couple years now, but timing never worked out. Well, this year it did, so I went down. The museum is basically the private collection of Jerry Yagan, and what a collection it is! Most everything flies, and it was really amazing to see some rare stuff take to the skies. I brought my camera along, and here's some pics. Enjoy!

post-89245-0-33580200-1432564056.jpg

Highlight of the show....Me-262! It is hangered at another local airport (MAM has a grass runway), but it made several fly bys before RTB.

post-89245-0-39820300-1432564084.jpg

SBD Dauntless (This is from the Commemorative Air Force, which brought it and were selling rides in the back seat)

post-89245-0-10894300-1432564255.jpg

SNJ/T-6 Texan

(Side note....I decided as a photographer for this event to get really 'gutsy' with my shutter speed and really try to capture motion and prop blurr). I use a 50-500 mm lens and it's big and heavy so trying to get sharp pictures while keeping the shutter speed down and moving the lens can be difficult. Overall, I was really happy with my progress and the results of these!)

post-89245-0-46693400-1432564488.jpg