WWII Navy Jacket

Pudgy (V)

I recently purchased this jacket, and I wanted to try figuring out what it is and what it says. The tag is missing, but it does have the USN stamp behind the collar. It once had a name tag, but was removed long ago. I took it to a Chinese restaurant, and they thought it might be Japanese. They thought the translation was US Navy Club, but they weren't certain. Also, could someone put a value to the jacket, I really don't know much about these.

Thanks

Dave

post-151853-0-20727800-1432560320.jpg

post-151853-0-30389800-1432560341.jpg

post-151853-0-11254900-1432560355.jpg

minesweeper

I recently purchased this jacket, and I wanted to try figuring out what it is and what it says. The tag is missing, but it does have the USN stamp behind the collar. It once had a name tag, but was removed long ago. I took it to a Chinese restaurant, and they thought it might be Japanese. They thought the translation was US Navy Club, but they weren't certain. Also, could someone put a value to the jacket, I really don't know much about these.

Thanks

Dave

Is there a pen holder in the left pocket?

I believe with the stamp behind the collar it makes this jacket a WWII era G1 jacket. The leather looks good and the paint on the back looks good but the collar is in bad shape so I would guess the value to be around 150 to about 200 bucks.

Ronnie

I can't find a pen holder in the left pocket. The leather is still very supple and the paint is in good shape. The collar is a little worn, but it is pretty old. I would really be nice to confirm what it says, and the history to go along with it.

Thanks for your input!!!

Thank-you so much minesweeper. That is a great post. I am thinking the liner was replaced, that is the reason there isn't a tag. It seems like the Navy didn't mark their jackets very much, so this one seems kind of special.

美軍 = United States
海兵隊= Navy unit (maybe Marine corp also)

Although in Japanese, 米, is used instead of 美 in most cases.

The person who wrote it is more used to ABC than writing in Chinese/Japanese. :)

Oh my, that is cool. The US Marine Corp makes more sense. It looks like a G.I. was trying to write it himself. Do you think it was intended to be in Japanese or Chinese? That would help to find out where it might have been worn. That is very interesting, and it will go good with my Marine stuff. Thank-you so much!!!!