1965/66 slides from Vietnam CAMP RADCLIFF, AN KHE ARMY AIR FIELD

wolfbay

snake36bravo

Man that is some luck!! Love the early ARA (Aerial Rocket Artillery) UH-1B gunship with tactical door markings. Those went away in favor of cabin rooftop bands and then the tail band/geometric shape markings. Early M6 flex gun system. Great visual record of events. An Khe was huge. I've got some original 1st CAV 8x10s of Guns-A-Go-Go the ACH-47A Attack Cargo Helicopter program when it was tent city out there and revetments were sandbags and dirt filled ammo crates

The guys that are repelling are doing so from a 227th Assault Helicopter Battalion slick.

The single strip besides the river is, I believe, known as the Tigers Tail.

Just drool worthy

Very nice! As a collector of Kodachrome slides you sure hit the visual Jackpot on these. Great addition to your collection.

Mike

USCapturephotos

Great group! I had a large collection like this one from Vietnam 65 era from a Marine adviser to the South Vietnamese Marines. Lots of tiger stripe uniforms in wear etc. Sadly I had to sell earlier this year to pay a bill for my kids but am happy that another forum member ended up with them. Thanks for posting as I love the colors!

Paul

Great group! I had a large collection like this one from Vietnam 65 era from a Marine adviser to the South Vietnamese Marines. Lots of tiger stripe uniforms in wear etc. Sadly I had to sell earlier this year to pay a bill for my kids but am happy that another forum member ended up with them. Thanks for posting as I love the colors!

Paul

Paul, and you didn't PM me? LOL If its the one I am thinking of that was a great grouping.

Mike

USCapturephotos

Hey Mike. Yeah. That was the group. Sorry man. It went with the other pieces two because I just couldn't break them up. I'm still sad about it :( but needed the money. I did get an interesting Korean War grouping of color slides a few weeks ago though.

Paul

If anyone is interest I have several of these slides listed on E-bay under flantiqueart2 . Here is a picture of just one of the auction & # 221782193299

post-110933-0-20792500-1433020598.jpg

• 1 month later...