Unknown jumpwing ovals

Jozar1972

Hello to you all,

I boughy these jump wing ovals a a kid in the eighties.

Can anyone identify them ?

- What division/ regiment

- What era.

May thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Johan

post-155313-0-17004300-1432491521.jpg

I agree on the time frame and due to a number of different units utilizing these color combinations my guess is that the top oval was worn by the 327th Airborne Infantry Regiment. The same colors were also worn around the same period by the 1st Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment but I've never seen one identified as such with this wide outer border. This color combination was also used by the 541st Parachute Infantry Regiment but they were disbanded after WW2. The Korean War era rangers also wore this some color combination but the ones I've seen have a thinner outer border. The bottom oval was probably worn by the 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment. This color combination was also worn by the 542nd Parachute Infantry Regiment but they too were disbanded after WW2.

These could easily be 1980's issue ovals as we wore cut edge ovals like this in the 82nd at the time.

The top one was not an 82nd unit and I agree with Tonomachi's unit choices. I would lean to the 327th as they were active with the 101st at the time. Though I don't know if they wore ovals.

The bottom would have been worn by Echo company, 325th Infantry in the 80's. All the infantry battalions wore ovals with 'tic' marks on the side to indicate Bn number. Echo Co. was a TOW missle jeep company supporting the brigade.

Alan

Most of the "plastic encased" ovals I have and have seen come from the late 50's 11th Abn Div. Not all did of course as shown by the 325th above.

Seeing these two together did remind me that another unit that wore the black & yellow-gold oval was a late 50's 11th Abn Div unit - that being

Troop C 17th Cavalry