CAANG Delta Daggers

patches

post-34986-0-23140800-1432478894.jpg

Wanted to share this great photo I scanned from a C B Colby book of a foursome of California Air National Guard F 102 Delta Daggers over the High Sierras in the early 1960s

Thanks for Iding the unit Randy, according to it's history they received F-102 delta Dagger in July 1964, so this photo will date between that time and 1968, as the book I scanned the photo from, The National Guard by C B Colby has a copyright of 1968.

On the patch, believe this might be post 1968 due to the merrowed edge border and would depict a F-106 Delta Dart which has a similar design right? The Delta Dart being the next plane the 194th received in 1974.

post-34986-0-38970400-1432530201.jpg

The basic similar design of the two is seen here in this USAF photo, The Delta Dart on the left and The Delta Dagger on the right nose to nose opposite each other.

No, this is a standard F-102 patch with the 194 FIS designation on it. Merrowed patches in general can date from the 1940s, though I think mine is late 60s to early 70s. The F-102 intakes are farther forward than the F-106, and the bumps on the tail help ID this one. There are a few dozen F-102 patches like this used by the many units that flew it with various colors and details.

Randy

No, this is a standard F-102 patch with the 194 FIS designation on it. Merrowed patches in general can date from the 1940s, though I think mine is late 60s to early 70s. The F-102 intakes are farther forward than the F-106, and the bumps on the tail help ID this one. There are a few dozen F-102 patches like this used by the many units that flew it with various colors and details.

Randy

Ah Roger Randy I Copy