Identified WASP Graduation wing group - Wilma Morehead Wine 43-W-5

wartimecollectables.com

wartimecollectables.com

There have been some neat Women's Army Service Pilot items on the forum lately, thought I'd share this group.

Wilma Morehead Wine graduated with class 43-W-5 and flew with the WASP's through disbanding in 1944.

post-93-0-52277600-1432476307.jpg

wartimecollectables.com

Her group includes: Her 1943 W-5 class WASP graduation wing and her Josten WASP wing, a beret badge, WASP collar emblems, a miniature Josten WASP wing, leather Fifi patch (I've seen these applied to a disc backing as well, several GREAT pictures, reunion material and more.

post-93-0-76617600-1432476390.jpg

post-93-0-87299300-1432476400.jpg

Gorgeous stuff. Magnificent pieces of history. I've had to great pleasure to meet many WASPs in my day and each of them was a treat to meet. They are just great ladies. Unfortunately they are leaving us too fast.

wartimecollectables.com

Gorgeous stuff. Magnificent pieces of history. I've had to great pleasure to meet many WASPs in my day and each of them was a treat to meet. They are just great ladies. Unfortunately they are leaving us too fast.

I've met many interesting vets over the years and heard some awesome history but have never had the pleasure of meeting a WASP!

wartimecollectables.com

Photo's in i.d.ed groups are always the most interesting aspect to me. They tell you so much about what things were really like. Love the inscription, ladies don't think me misogynistic, but this really isn't something I'd find written on the back of a photo of a man in his flight suit!

post-93-0-15199400-1432502663.jpg

Very cool!, as wing collector, and as a women's military collector, this really is a "holy grail" kind of group!

Thanks for sharing!

wartimecollectables.com

thank you all! I am pleased to be caretaker of this group!

wartimecollectables.com

Thanks Kat,
I've read your WASP postings and you really seem to have researched them well!
Andrew

What a splendid picture of this woman's adventure and marked dedication to superior excellence and discipline in Service to the people of her nation Andrew. She stands apart, being given opportunity and Blessed with capacity to fill the role as one of the first concerted women's contributions to the war effort behind the lines, in essential aerial service.